CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Easy Lies the Head that Delegates



I used to be a Do-It-Myself Champion (even evident in the analysis of my love language).

That was how I was piling up work and stress on my desk. I come early and I leave late. Others were adhering to the normal working hours.

I had almost broken down before I realized that I was carrying too much work load. I was not being evaluated based on how much work I could do, but rather how much work I could delegate out which should make me available for other assignments.

I don’t know if I could not trust someone else to do the job. I was almost broken before I asked for help from the team members. Not only did they receive my plea for help with open arms, they were able to do the jobs better than I would have done it considering the workload I had.

The incident that day made me sit back and strategize afresh. Delegating was empowering the team members. Delegating was removing excessive workload from me. Delegating was motivating some of the team members. I felt so much better with delegation.

Is there any excess work you need to get done? Do you need to delegate?

For further reading on Delegation, please check here.

8 comments:

aloted said...

yes o..i totally agree with delegating...

delegate delegate delegate...according to skill set sha o...before you go and mis-delegate..and katakata will burst...lol

Rita said...

@ Aloted: Delegation was important, because my manager knows how to delegate, perfectly, on me :-)

How come I am the one writing about management and leadership when you know it all?

aloted said...

LOL>>hehehehe
i dont know it all o..i know little...
me thinks u r writing on it cuz u have a message to share...
but i stil owe u that post on 80/20 rule ;)

Rita said...

Thanks oh. Please take ur time with the 80/20 Rule...

The Activist said...

Yeah, just discovered the forth blog. Lovely

Rita said...

Thanks...the interview looked so nice on ur blog

~Sirius~ said...

O-kay, I'm not the only one of my kind that exists (younger version), that's relieving to know, I try really hard not to do everything by myself, but I can't help it, even when I ask people to help me out with the tiniest bit of a task, I still do it ALL over again!!!.............I actually broke down once, and it's funny because you feel it when it's coming. I say Delegate!

Rita said...

@~Sirius~: It's hard not to do everything all over...but u don't want to break down again :-)

How are you doing?